Improving Your Patient Experience by Improving Our Techniques!
By : Dr. Samson Lee
After practicing for many years and using the traditional method of numbing lower back teeth, I was looking for an alternative to this method especially for cases where only a single tooth needed to be numbed. I thought to myself, what is it that patients dislike most about getting numbed for a filling on the bottom back teeth?
- They have that numb feeling for close to 4 hours?
- They can’t feel their tongue or lip and end up biting either one?
- They usually have to wait about 10-15 minutes before starting?
- If they are not completely numb with the first injection they have to wait again for the next one?
- All of the above?
In my research I came across this new technique that piqued my curiousity and seemed too good to be true when I read about it. There was very little to lose and everything to gain so I decided to learn this new technique. What if I told you that here at Credit River Dental Centre that we could now numb your lower back tooth and:
- Eliminate the waiting time to get numb so your appointments are shorter
- You will still be able to feel your lip and tongue
- You will only have a slight numb sensation for about an hour
- Use only about 1/3 -1/2 of the amount of anesthetic that is usually used
Feel free to ask us about this new numbing technique!