Crock-pot Chili Dinner
By : V. Tam
Now as the weather gets colder and the days are shorter, we need to make every second count. As working parents ourselves, we know how exhausting it can be to work all day then having to come home and try and get a nutritious meal on the table in 30 minutes.
To help your evenings go a bit smoother, we recommend this Crock-Pot Chili recipe for a healthy meal that is ready to eat as soon as you get home.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (can be replaced with beef/chicken/pork etc)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, kidney beans, black beans and onion
- Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
We hope this helps warm your bellies and helps you conquer your day, enjoy!
This recipe is from allrecipes.com