Autumn and You and What to Do…
By : D. Santos
As your Port Credit Dentist, we aim to provide you with information that can have a positive impact on your overall health. With seasons changing, saying goodbye to summer sometimes makes one a little sad with the pending arrival of the long winter months. But, there is still the beautiful autumn season that is now upon us. There are a lot of activities you can do to enjoy the outdoors before the brisk chill of winter comes.
As the weather cools down gradually it is much more comfortable for most people to do outdoor activities. Here are a few suggestions:
- Planting fall flowers – flowers that can withstand the chill of fall without withering away (such as the chrysanthemum, oak leaf hydrangeas, heleniums to name a few). These flowers will still add some beautiful colour to your garden to last until the winter. Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start cleaning up the garden and putting away lawn furniture.
- Farm visits are always a good idea especially when you’ve got children (but is not limited to only children), as they offer a wide variety of activities such as apple picking, pumpkin picking, wagon rides, corn mazes and many more.
- Hiking, biking or simply just taking a drive through a scenic part of your area to look at the various colours of the leaves.
- Go camping. Now that it is cooler there won’t be too much annoying insects and heat to deal with. Snuggling up with a blanket and hot chocolate by the bonfire will be just as awesome. This may be a more pleasant experience for some, so give it a try – even if only in your backyard! Just be sure to pack extra warm clothes and appropriate gear for the chilly night time.
- Hot air balloon ride – If this is on your bucket list many suggest to do so during autumn due to the extraordinary colour display of the leaves. Going up 1,000 feet in the air really allows you to get a spectacular view!
- Visit the Zoo – With school back in session, most attractions are less busy therefore making your experience more relaxing. Also, it is known that the animals are much more active when it is cooler. This can mean you may actually see them doing something other than sleeping when it is too hot.
There are also a few festivals/events that are happening around the GTA that usually have free admission. You can look online for events that are happening in your town/city for information. We hope as you’re reading this, it inspires you to try something you’ve never done before or get you excited for another chance to experience these amazing things that autumn has to offer. And don’t forget that at Credit River Dental Centre, in Mississauga, we’re all about optimum overall health, so as we prepare for the colder months ahead, make sure to take caution in dressing for the weather and keeping your oral health in check too!